Welcome to the #1 124 Spider Forum and 124 Spider community dedicated to 124 Spider owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the 124 Spider Forum today!

Adding Navagatrion and Sirus

ken8246

Reactions
I have a 2017 spider Lusso without the Nav & Sirus in my Flat Screen, the Nav is Capable to be installed still waiting for info on if the Sirus info from the dealer if they can install it.

Does anyone know if the Sirus XM radio can be added after purchase? And what is needed to install the Nav program into the Radio as well. Ive been quoted $800 for the Nav and on line I see you can purchase a SD card for around $350 plus shipping of $38 seems high to ship a small SC card though..

Please contact me at my email addy or send me a private message on this site if you can help.

/Thanks, Ken kenyoung46@gmail.com

Reactions
The NAV upgrade is simply the SD card that you have to order. I had my dealer include it as part of us buying the car (no extra fee for us).
My dealership is trying to find out what exactly will be required to upgrade the radio to a Sirius unit. I know that it will require the antenna for the trunk and possibly some software changes. When I called Fiat customer support, they advised that it could not be done - but when the dealership was talking to some of the Fiat engineers they have gotten different answers. My dealership was given 6 months to try and find out - they did a "We Owe" slip showing that they will try to do it if at all possible.

Reactions
Owners on other forums have found the digital/satellite radio options to be problematic. May I suggest uploading your preferred tunes to a USB or iPod? [dunno]

Reactions
Owners on other forums have found the digital/satellite radio options to be problematic. May I suggest uploading your preferred tunes to a USB or iPod? [dunno]
I have an iPhone 5s that I use as an iPod currently and stream Pandora when we have a good signal. But having some of the benefits of Sirius would be nice. Since we already have an active account, adding another receiver is not that expensive - not much more than giving up a few Starbucks. [biggrin]

quack

Reactions
Go to e-bay for sd card. I think I paid a little over a $100.00 for my sd card out of Texas.